Thursday, September 29, 2011
Well At Least Some Of Us Will Be Sleeping A Little Easier These Nights...
...2011 Boston Red Sox, how can I describe this team that was a 5 to 1 odds of Winning the World Series? The Sox were basically little boobs in an expensive ass push up bra. They teased us with their flashy roster and bringing in Crawlford & Gonzo to get their beast mode on. Then they started showing some cleavage and getting us excited, along with some hope, remember that guys? Finally when the moment came for the Sox to show their dominance and take control of the AL East, they blow their lead, the collapse begins, and blow the wildcard....thus when the bra came off and we thought we was going to motorboat some C's/D's it turned out to be some little flapjacks boobs. Hell, the Sox made the Battle of Thermoplyse seem like a major setback compared to their epic fuck up. Now the Sox are going to join the 2007 NY Mets as one of the worst collapse in MLB history, not a good look at all. So where would I rank this along the list of failures/collapses/disappointment of Boston sports teams of all times?
10. Ted Williams, Ray Bourque, and Randy Moss, never winning a championship with our teams.
9. The 1986 New England Patriots losing to The Chicago Bears which Walter Payton never got to score a Td but Willam Perry did.
8. The 1986 World Series where the ball rolled through Bill Buckner's legs and the NY Mets went on to win.
7. The 1996 New England Patriots getting blown out by the Greenbay Packers in the Super Bowl, who remembers Desmond Howard running back that kick return.
6. The 2003 ALCS game of the Red Sox and Yankees, Grady Little kept Pedro in way to long and the Yankees went to town on the Sox. Then Wakefield came in and on the first pitch Aaron Boone crushed a solo monster for the win.
5. The 2010 Boston Bruins were up 3-0 to the Flyers in the Eastern Conference Finals just needing one more win to advance. What happen? They pulled the classic 04 NY yankees and let the the Philly Flyers comeback to force a game 7 and knock the Bruins out.
4. 2003 Boston Celtics in the NBA Eastern Semifinals just got destroyed by Jason Kidd and the Nets.
3. 2011 Boston Red Sox....we just went over this.
2. 2008 Patriots, when Tom Brady was lost for the season! He was suppose to go lethal on the NFL for what happen the following year....
1. The 2007 Patriots vs The NY Giants in the SuperBowl......I can't even bring myself to talk about this since its still a fresh wound on the inside. The dream of 19-0 was dwindle down to 18-1.
That was painful to type, all those memories of Boston fans suffering, but I guess on the bright side there are a couple newly earned championships that found homes in Boston. So I guess now it's time to continue to root for the Pats and hope they go 18-1 again, the Bruins weren't a Cinderella miracle, and the Boston Celtics get to have the NBA season back so we can go for title number 18? Also, I would like to add the Sox owe me a booty call and cost me $50 I made with a Florida fan.
P.S. Look at Lauren getting her sports blogging on, alright girl I'm proud of you. I'll give you some sugar later on.